Wednesday, April 7, 2010

It all started in college.

I tried to take one class a year that was just for me. Or at least I think I did..... right now, 10 years after my bachelor's degree, I can remember only two that were "for fun" during the whole time I was in college. First was a sculpture class. I liked it, for the most part. Particularly when we got to work with clay.... the rest was ho hum.

The second class though, was "Intro to Black & White Photography" and it took me from casual snapshot to really wanting more from my pictures. Well, time passed... I went through a divorce and went to work full time. I still took family snapshots here & there, but I just didn't have the focus (no pun intended) or the energy to really make the end result something that I wanted it to be. Not that I didn't take decent pictures - particularly after we went digital....



 However, I had no idea what FUN I was in for until last month. For our 7th anniversary Dale got me a Nikon D5000.... a digital SLR with an 18-55mm lens. And because Photoshop is on my wishlist, I downloaded Google's Picasa. And then the REAL fun started - we spent a week in Ft. Bragg and this stuff happened:














No comments:

Post a Comment